Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: iPad version of Zymurgy  (Read 8491 times)

Offline kitchw8436

• 1st Kit
iPad version of Zymurgy
« on: August 18, 2012, 01:11:23 pm »
When when when?  I have all my other mags on my iPad. We're 3/4 of the way through 2012. When will I see my favorite mag in the iStore.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: iPad version of Zymurgy
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 01:25:12 pm »
There's already an e-edition you can d/l if you;re a member.  Other than that, I don't know.  I'll bring it up the next time there's a web subcommittee meeting.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline kitchw8436

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 01:41:33 pm »
I know about he current online version. But, unless I'm missing something, you can't download issues. I have to be online. It's also very slow compared to other emags I read.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 02:07:47 pm »
I know about he current online version. But, unless I'm missing something, you can't download issues. I have to be online. It's also very slow compared to other emags I read.

Yeah, I forgot you can't d/l.  I believe that was a conscious decision to prevent piracy.  I agree, though, that it's a PITA.  I'll try to bring this up at a meeting and see what the plans for the future are.

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 03:47:29 pm »
Yeah, I forgot you can't d/l.  I believe that was a conscious decision to prevent piracy.

Aren't there solutions for that available in the publishing industry. Zymurgy shouldn't be the only publication with this issue.

Kai

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 04:02:48 pm »
Yeah, I forgot you can't d/l.  I believe that was a conscious decision to prevent piracy.

Aren't there solutions for that available in the publishing industry. Zymurgy shouldn't be the only publication with this issue.

Kai

Yeah, there must be.  We might even have discussed it in the dim past.  I'll bring it up again when I can.  Being an iPad addict, it would be great.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline lemy

• 1st Kit
    • Reed Brewing
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 04:38:11 pm »
When when when?  I have all my other mags on my iPad. We're 3/4 of the way through 2012. When will I see my favorite mag in the iStore.

Yes, when when when?

Everyone uses mobile devices and are not necessarily connected all of the time. My nook is not capable of reading 'online'

-John
BJCP D1199

Offline oscar127

• 1st Kit
iPad version of Zymurgy
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 05:58:58 am »
I love BYO and there app. AHA needs the same thing I can never get the ezymurgy copy to open on the iPad or iPhone

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
iPad version of Zymurgy
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 08:56:28 am »
I love BYO and there app. AHA needs the same thing I can never get the ezymurgy copy to open on the iPad or iPhone

Hmmm....works fine on my iPad.  But I believe an app is in planning.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline gsandel

• Brewer
  • www.onbeer.blogspot.com
    • On Beer
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 09:08:14 am »
I have logged in to read it on my original Kindle Fire, but the experience isn't as awesome as it could be, the smaller screen makes zooming around a necessity, and the pages don't change easily (I think you need to zoom out and then change pages). +1 to be able to download issues to read on a plane or where internet access isn't avaliable. 

Also, it would be nice to have a catalog of full issues offered online to choose from.  Unless I missed it, you have to search for keywords like "January/February 2000" to get that issue to come up....I like to browse an issue at a time, not search for specific topics.

I especially have been enjoying the advertising in the old issues.  Note to advertisers of Zymurgy...I get kind of impressed to see your old ads and note you are still supporting the AHA.

Keep up the good work!  Someday, I hope that my membership comes with an option to recieve the electronic version or the paper one.  If the experience is good, I would forgo the mailed copy.

I think Brew Your Own is now offering electronic subscriptions, btw....although I haven't tried them yet.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen...

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 01:46:16 pm »
Also, it would be nice to have a catalog of full issues offered online to choose from.  Unless I missed it, you have to search for keywords like "January/February 2000" to get that issue to come up....I like to browse an issue at a time, not search for specific topics.
Click the icon in the upper left corner (hover and it says "Archive Issues"). This will show you the cover of every available issue.

Someday, I hope that my membership comes with an option to recieve the electronic version or the paper one.  If the experience is good, I would forgo the mailed copy.
You can contact AHA and have your paper subscription stopped (won't save you money though).
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958