General Category > Ingredients

Citra Hop Rhizomes or Plants

(1/3) > >>

robling:
We have been brewing with citra hops in fairly heavy quantities, and are wondering if anyone knows of anyplace to purchase rhizomes or even started plants which we can order? I am currently checking with a local nursery who sells hops as well, but at the rate we are using Citra hops, I would prefer to cultivate them ourselves as opposed to purchasing them by the ounce.

Thanks in advance for any help.

dbeechum:
Doubtful, Citra appears to be proprietary to a small set of growers.

hopfenundmalz:
Drew points out a trend in the hop industry.  Varieties are developed by growers who fund the breeding program, and then get proprietary rights to those varieties.  Simcoe is another that you might wait a long time for.  Amarillo has been out for years, but no rhyzomes to be had, as that is the property of one farm.

robling:
Thanks for responding. It all makes sense. For now, I guess I will just have to make sure we stay stocked.    :P

beersk:
Why does everyone always refer to themselves as "we" on these messageboards?  You have an attached-at-the-hip twin?

I'm sure Citra will be available in a matter of a few years though to those who grow their own hops.  I would think it's still too new to be widely available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version