Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Buffalo Wild Wings and home brew  (Read 17199 times)

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: Buffalo Wild Wings and home brew
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2012, 10:33:02 am »
WARNING: RANT
Seriously?  I thought this was about the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial...but any chance to bash the BN I guess ( some people still a little sore about US winning COTY 2 years in a row ). 

I always love it when people say "I never listen to the BN" but then tell you everything that goes on in the show.   Anyone want to bring up tech talk while you're at it?

I attribute most of my current success in brewing with The Brewing Network, and keeping the hobby interesting.  And this includes the "dick" jokes and immature behavior, as well as the tremendous information the brewcasters and their guests provide.  Not to mention the BN Anniversary party they throw before NHC.

I understand the comparison at making fun of homebrewing, but some homebrew is God-Awful ( Justin would say his is first in awfulness ).

RANT OVER

Back to the BWW...I don't think there are any around me so I doubt I will be trying them soon.  Besides, there are some many local places that do great wings...so much that I still feel the burn the next day  ;D

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2012, 11:02:50 am »
I am not a fan of the BN generalization that we are all ex-frat boys who can't help but think about boobs and beer all the time.

Well said...
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline beer_crafter

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 11:06:59 am »
BW3's wings are a joke. 

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2012, 11:12:44 am »
  but I really need to try BWW sometime soon.

Really? Why?

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2012, 11:19:42 am »
I thought the bearded guy in the commercial was denny...
Phoenix, AZ

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 11:21:35 am »
WARNING: RANT
Seriously?  I thought this was about the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial...but any chance to bash the BN I guess ( some people still a little sore about US winning COTY 2 years in a row ). 

In fairness, JP did tweet regarding the commercial.  I'd venture to guess if he didn't call us tubby know-it-alls the topic wouldn't have strayed to the Brewing Network...

<--- yeah, getting a bit tubby in his old age
<--- never claimed or acted like he knows everything
<--- makes ******* amazing beer
<--- sees no point in bashing homebrewers
<--- has never been to a BWW

cheers--
--Michael

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 12:28:50 pm »
Since this has turned into a BN pro/con thread, thought I'd chime in.

I've definitely learned a lot from the BN since I started brewing. I have a high threshold for juvenile humor, so I can tolerate that aspect of it to some extent. I just with the ratio of content to commercials & d*ck jokes was a bit higher.

I still listen to CYBI and Brew Strong, but I greatly prefer Basic Brewing Radio/Video for both format and content.

Closer to the original topic - I don't have a BWW near me, but I'd at least like to check them out. I doubt they compare to the local bar and grill places (Wendell's Pub in Norton, MA is my local fave), but I practically live off chain restaurants so I'm hoping they have to at least be decent compared to the standard Chilis/Applebees/etc. fare.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2012, 01:07:10 pm »
I doubt they compare to the local bar and grill places (Wendell's Pub in Norton, MA is my local fave)

Man, Wendell's is AWESOME!!  I had a buddy who lived in Mansfield who took me there once.  I got some hot wings but chickened out on the Nuclear ( or whatever they were called ).  The only time I make it down there now is for Pat's games.  Glad to see they are still around!
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2012, 01:15:49 pm »
but any chance to bash the BN I guess ( some people still a little sore about US winning COTY 2 years in a row ). 

To be clear, my comment wasn't about the BN.  I've also learned a lot from them, my comment was about JP's tweet and the reality that he's an "employee" of the BN and thus represents them.  Others brought up JP and how he's apparently an entity unto himself but it doesn't work that way.  I work in agriculture and if I go around berating farmers, I assure my employer is going to hear about it and I'm gonna be out on my arse whether it's on my own time or not.  I've heard AHA ads on the BN so I don't know if we are paying them to advertise for us but when the comments are disparaging home brewers, it bugs me.  I thought the BWW ad was funny enough.  Didn't bother me but other remarks did.

I've never been, nor will I be going to BWW just because I don't want to and there are none near me anyway.