Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Breweries near BC  (Read 2478 times)

Offline jmmcfarland

• Cellarman
Breweries near BC
« on: August 28, 2012, 08:51:19 am »
Hey all, I'm headed up to north Seattle, WA. area (Lynnwood) and then heading to Vancouver, BC. Any good recommendations on breweries and brew pubs? We plan on hitting Grandville Island in Vancouver and possibly Chuckanut in WA.

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Breweries near BC
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:56:54 am »
Hey all, I'm headed up to north Seattle, WA. area (Lynnwood) and then heading to Vancouver, BC. Any good recommendations on breweries and brew pubs? We plan on hitting Grandville Island in Vancouver and possibly Chuckanut in WA.

Well, if you are gonna hit Chuckanut, then Boundry Bay should be on your list as well.  Their Scotch Ale is a winner.  And down in Seattle (or actually Fremont) is Fremont Brewing.  Their Interurban IPA is terrific.  And, it's a great facility for a taproom.  The serve no food, but you are always welcome to bring your own. 

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 06:18:00 pm »
Go to Boundary Bay. If you plan on eating, eat at Boundary Bay, and then walk over to Chuckanut for a pint. Their kitchen isn't nearly as good as Boundary Bay's, but they are within reasonable walking distance (I think about a mile). Kulshan Brewing is a new brewery up there as well, and has solid, if unremarkable, stuff. There isn't a whole lot of stuff in lynnwood, but go south or southeast, and you can find a lot of good beer.

Offline fatdogale

• Assistant Brewer
  • Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 08:04:18 pm »

If you're spending any time in Lynnwood (vs. just driving through) American Brewing in Edmonds and Ellersick Brewing (Big E ales) in Lynnwood are two breweries nearby that have some tasty beers.
John Childs

Offline jmmcfarland

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 12:28:34 pm »
Returned from our trip last week with a belly and a suitcase of good brew. Thank you for the Boundary bay recommendation. Their IPA, ESB and Scotch ale were all very good. Food was great(though I would not recommend looking in the kitchen.) and their outside patio was just what I needed to relax into the vacation. We also visited the Forecasters pub and Black raven brewery. Black raven was amazing, great taproom with impressive brews. We didn't get a chance to hit any breweries in B.C. though we did enjoy quite a few great beers, most notably beers by Phillips, Russell and Driftwood breweries. Thanks again everyone for the suggestions.

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 02:32:11 pm »
Glad you got to go to Boundry Bay.  Their Scotch is the best I've had.  And the facility there is terrific. 

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 06:13:57 pm »
I am glad you hit boundary bay as well. If I would have known you were going to the eastside, I would have recommended you do the beer biking trail (in a car with a DD if necessary) from Black Raven to Forecasters, 12 Bar Brews, 192 Brewing, Elliot Bay Brewing, and then down into Seattle where you can hit any of the northern Seattle breweries in Greenwood, Ballard, and Fremont.