Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Speidel Braumeister...anyone have one?  (Read 7425 times)

Offline dglucasii

• Cellarman
  • I'd rather be brewing
Speidel Braumeister...anyone have one?
« on: April 27, 2013, 06:07:16 pm »
I've been casually looking to upgrade my cooler mashing process for the last few months and came across the Speidel Braumeister system.  From what I've seen of the custom systems that people smarter than I have put together, these machines would not be that dramatically move expensive.  Has anyone purchased one of these or heard of someone who has?  If so, how do ya'll/they like it?  Worth the dough?

http://morebeer.com/products/braumeister-20l.html

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
Re: Speidel Braumeister...anyone have one?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 07:37:23 pm »
I've been casually looking to upgrade my cooler mashing process for the last few months and came across the Speidel Braumeister system.  From what I've seen of the custom systems that people smarter than I have put together, these machines would not be that dramatically move expensive.  Has anyone purchased one of these or heard of someone who has?  If so, how do ya'll/they like it?  Worth the dough?

http://morebeer.com/products/braumeister-20l.html

Friend of mine has had one for about a year now.  She likes it but she's also crazy for big beers so the gravity limitation drives her nuts (she ends up adding extract to all her brews).
Joe

Offline phunhog

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 09:12:18 pm »
Personally I think it is for people with more money than...  ::)  The size limitations(5 gal), power requirement(220v), and the brewing limitations (tops out at 1.057 without using DME), not to mention that it costs  almost 2k make it a novelty item IMO.

Offline Hokerer

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Manassas, VA
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 10:53:17 am »
Personally I think it is for people with more money than...  ::)

Can't deny that that description might just apply.
Joe

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 10:52:21 am »
A friend of mine has one.  I've done a brew day with him.  In addition to the above mentioned gravity limitation, I am unimpressed with the heating element.  It takes a long time to heat and the boil is weak. 
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline dglucasii

• Cellarman
  • I'd rather be brewing
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 03:33:50 pm »
thanks for all the replies...I'm going custom