General Category > Events

NHC Hospitality suite & Club Night -- How much beer????

(1/3) > >>

beerrat:
I wondering if clubs that were participating at this year's NHC and provided beer could share how much beer they went though at club night, hospitality suite, etc.

How many taps did your club have at club night?
How much beer did your club go through?

How many taps did your club have at the hospitality suite?
How many hours did your club host the hospitality suite for?
How much beer did your club go through?

Any other beer needs?  How about for tasting during a presentation?  How much?

I had heard to shoot for 250 gallons and that seemed very prohibitive for a small club.

svejk:
There are 8 members in my club (Homebrewers Guild of Seattle Proper), and we put together the following information that you might find helpful:

HOW OUR KEGS POURED:

Hospitality Shift 1 (After Pro Brewers Night)
Brought 12
Empty/Mostly Empty 5
Less than Half Brought Home 5
More than Half Brought Home 2

Hospitality Shift 2 (Before Club Night)
Brought 13
Empty/Mostly Empty 2
Less than Half Brought Home 4
More than Half Brought Home 7

Club Night
Brought 20
Empty/Mostly Empty 5
Less than Half Brought Home 10
More than Half Brought Home 5

Totals:
Brought 45
Empty/Mostly Empty 12
Less than Half Brought Home 19
More than Half Brought Home 14

While 45 kegs seems like a lot for a small club, we actually had a list of over 65 beers to choose from so we didn't feel compelled to bring anything that we didn't think would represent us well.  Also, our planning for NHC started as soon as we heard it was coming to the Seattle area, so some of those beers were in the works for many months and the work was spread out over a longer period.

tschmidlin:
It is not mandatory to participate in the hospitlaity suite.  In Seattle we had multiple options for a shift there, with people getting 6 or 12 taps depending on how much beer they had.

For club night I poured my beer with my 4-person club, we had 9 taps, kicked a keg of mead and had a few kegs that were mostly empty.  You don't need to put 50 beers on tap, although if you can that would be cool.

Bring what you can, show up and represent.  You won't regret it.

beerrat:
Thanks for the feedback.....so not as daunting as the need for 100-200 gallons of brew.   So we'll likely focus on club night only with 5-10 taps.  Goal will be to run out vs take back any beer.

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: beerrat on September 01, 2012, 10:14:07 AM ---So we'll likely focus on club night only with 5-10 taps.  Goal will be to run out vs take back any beer.

--- End quote ---
So your focus will be on bringing awesome and intersting beers. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version