General Category > Events

NHC Hospitality suite & Club Night -- How much beer????

<< < (3/3)

james:
I was able to get a club night only ticket last year.  I had a situation where I had to sell my full ticket and only at the last minute found out I was able to go out for club night.

I'm sure this year will sell out but I can't imagine it will be as quick.  I thought I heard there are going to be something like 500 extra tickets available.

hopfenundmalz:
It will be as quick or quicker, as the NHC has not been on the east coast for a while and there are more people in driving distance.

If it takes longer I will buy you a beer during club night. ;)

james:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on January 08, 2013, 09:49:01 PM ---It will be as quick or quicker, as the NHC has not been on the east coast for a while and there are more people in driving distance.

If it takes longer I will buy you a beer during club night. ;)

--- End quote ---

Sounds like a plan :)  Regardless I'll try to catch up with you there or next time I'm back in Michigan. 

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: garc_mall on January 08, 2013, 08:03:47 PM ---Tom, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that last year (2012) because of how fast tickets sold out, and how few locals were able to get tickets, the AHA gave the local organizing committee some Club Night only passes. I wouldn't count on it happening again, but the tickets are going to go fast for sure, and it might be a possibility.

--- End quote ---
Not exactly.  But on pro night there are fewer spots available for attendees due to fire code restrictions and the presence of the pro brewers.  That means the AHA couldn't sell as many full social packages as there were spots available for club night.  These were made available, but obviously it is more enticing for a local brewer than for someone who would have to travel.  There may have initially been some preference for locals to make sure clubs who got shut out could have a presence if they wanted to, but in the end everyone who wanted a club night only ticket got one IIRC.

garc_mall:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on January 08, 2013, 10:53:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: garc_mall on January 08, 2013, 08:03:47 PM ---Tom, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that last year (2012) because of how fast tickets sold out, and how few locals were able to get tickets, the AHA gave the local organizing committee some Club Night only passes. I wouldn't count on it happening again, but the tickets are going to go fast for sure, and it might be a possibility.

--- End quote ---
Not exactly.  But on pro night there are fewer spots available for attendees due to fire code restrictions and the presence of the pro brewers.  That means the AHA couldn't sell as many full social packages as there were spots available for club night.  These were made available, but obviously it is more enticing for a local brewer than for someone who would have to travel.  There may have initially been some preference for locals to make sure clubs who got shut out could have a presence if they wanted to, but in the end everyone who wanted a club night only ticket got one IIRC.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarification, Tom. I was at the end of the “telephone” chain, so I kind of guessed I was off by a bit. Again, I wouldn't count on those tickets being made available, and I agree with Jeff, that I believe it will sell out as fast or faster than last year. With the growth of the AHA, and homebrewing in general, it's a big event, and very fun. I know my wife and I will be there. Looking forward to seeing some of you that I met this past NHC again, and meeting more people from the forum.

Speaking of which, Ron, is there any plan from the local organizers for some sort of forum identifier? Or are we on our own again this year? Either way, we should try to make a more identifiable marker for ourselves this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version