General Category > Kegging and Bottling

How fast do you carbonate?

<< < (2/8) > >>

bluesman:
I let the beer decide when it's finished which is generally around 1-2 weeks depending on yeast strain and amount of sugars to be fermented. Then I like to let the beer condition for a few more days before I crash cool. At that point I'll keg the beer and force carb at 30-50psi for 1-3 days depending on the set pressure. I then set the pressure to the desired level for style to reach equilibrium.

liquidbrewing:

--- Quote from: bluefoxicy on September 02, 2012, 05:56:43 PM ---Huh.  So you guys don't let the beer sit longer?  How's that work when you skip the whole bottle conditioning phase and go straight to carbonated?  Doesn't change the beer?

--- Quote from: morticaixavier on September 02, 2012, 01:26:49 PM ---have not made a cider, but I don't think most people wait a couple years to drink. post a recipe and we can see what's up with that.

--- End quote ---

* Apple juice
* yeast
--- End quote ---

I make a regular cider, simple just like the above post.  5 gallons apple jucie, 1 pack of Red Star Montrachet yeast, ferment for 4-5 weeks.  Keg, chill, carb, enjoy!

realbeerguy:
3-4 yrs for cider???? I do 3-4 months.

Pinski:
I apply CO2 at anywhere from 8-13 psi depending on storage temperature and preferred volumes of carbonation. Seems like it takes 1.5-2 weeks for most of my beers to get where I like.

Pi:
Just keeged a dry stout, a amber lager, and an Oktoberfest. The Oktoberfest and lager have been lagering 3 and 4 weeks respectivly. Now that it is kegged, do you FC now or wait till it's done conditioning (another 2 months at least)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version