Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brewcraft Yeast Nutrient  (Read 3947 times)

Offline roguejim

• Brewer
Brewcraft Yeast Nutrient
« on: September 04, 2012, 12:17:14 pm »
I ran out of my Wyeast nutrient, so I'm stuck with this Brewcraft nutrient.  How much for a 1L starter?  It says to use 1/2tsp per gallon, which would be practically nothing for my starter.  Anyone use this?

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Brewcraft Yeast Nutrient
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 01:45:58 pm »
I don't use that one.  That's about the same dosage rate as the Wyeast, though, so I'd use the same amount in a starter as you usually do.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline james

• Brewer
Re: Brewcraft Yeast Nutrient
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 06:55:02 pm »
I normally use the Wyeast nutrient but when I run out I pickup the brewcraft nutrient since that is what my LHBS carries.  I've never noticed a difference between fermentation or flavor.  Lately I've been using a bag of "Fermoplus DAP Free" that I got from a wine maker friend, and the results are the same.

On my long todo list, I've been planning on doing some split trials of different nutrients to see if there is any noticeable difference.  Who know if/when I'll ever get around to it.