General Category > Beer Recipes

Hop Bomb IIPA

<< < (4/4)

topher.bartos:
That is a ridiculous hop profile.

I like it..

jamminbrew:

--- Quote from: tygo on November 10, 2012, 07:52:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: el_capitan on November 10, 2012, 07:05:46 PM ---DOH!!  I wish I would have seen this thread sooner - I would have warned you that 19 is an extremely unlucky number.  I see you used 19 oz of hops.  What were you thinking?  Don't you read Stephen King?   :o

--- End quote ---

19 is not unlucky.  Everything is 19.  Whether the beer turns out or not is up to ka.  If it bites the big one that is also ka.

--- End quote ---
Charyou tree...

guido:

--- Quote from: el_capitan on November 10, 2012, 07:05:46 PM ---DOH!!  I wish I would have seen this thread sooner - I would have warned you that 19 is an extremely unlucky number.  I see you used 19 oz of hops.  What were you thinking?  Don't you read Stephen King?   :o

--- End quote ---

19 is my extremely lucky number.  Nine's are very powerful.  I read Stephen King all the time, BTW.

erockrph:
I wanted to follow up on this. Lagering these in the bottle has made a huge difference. The hop harshness has faded away, and it is now a damn good beer. My friend's wife, who doesn't usually like IPA's, even remarked "maybe I only like the strong ones" after trying this. I wouldn't use this hop blend again next time (the hop character is still a bit muddled and the Nelson is still a bit overpowering to me), but I will definitely plug different hops in and give this recipe another go.

Lesson learned - lagering can possibly save an overly harsh IIPA

alcaponejunior:

--- Quote from: erockrph on September 05, 2012, 01:39:57 PM ---I'm even going to chuck a few pellets in my bucket of Star San for good measure.

--- End quote ---

You are a sick and twisted individual, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version