Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: To Share or Not to Share  (Read 7130 times)

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
Re: To Share or Not to Share
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 10:24:07 am »
Now I feel bad about myself for drinking Budweiser. I hope everyone isn't secretly judging me when I do.

It's not secret.  I am openly judging you.

Old Style is so much better than Budweiser, I just can't imagine why would go there.  Wouldn't you rather have a beer that is twice-brewed and fully kreausened than one that is plywood aged?

As far as sharing, my friends who enjoy my beers can have as much of it as they like.  I've even run home to fill another growler.  But there are those who I know prefer their commercial brand, which is fine.  I either don't bring beer to their place or I just don't bring as much.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 10:35:27 am »
Now I feel bad about myself for drinking Budweiser. I hope everyone isn't secretly judging me when I do.

I happen to be quite fond of Icehouse. ;)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 10:44:51 am »
I produce it to share it. Share with those who will keep an open mind and appreciate it.  I get satisfaction from seeing and hearing the appreciation of craft beer.  Although, I would keep a couple at home for future indulgence.
Ron Price

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 01:29:18 pm »

It's not secret.  I am openly judging you.

Good. I would've been secretly judging you if you didn't take that low-hanging fruit.
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 08:00:25 am »
I produce it to share it. Share with those who will keep an open mind and appreciate it.  I get satisfaction from seeing and hearing the appreciation of craft beer.  Although, I would keep a couple at home for future indulgence.

I'm in Ron's boat. But then again, I do produce entirely too much beer for my own good. I think my current stock pile is sitting at 14-16 cases plus two kegs... so I can afford to share.  ;D
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 10:24:54 am »

I'm in Ron's boat. But then again, I do produce entirely too much beer for my own good. I think my current stock pile is sitting at 14-16 cases plus two kegs... so I can afford to share.  ;D
You're my new best friend!

Heres a suggestion on a good place(s) to share homebrew.  Take it to your LHBS.  I've always had good feedback from employees and customers.  Its an audience that you know enjoys craft brew.  I do a tasting nearly every time I travel to my LHBS or when I pick up grain from a group buy.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 10:58:54 am »
I would, but that's just me.   ;)
Scott B

Offline beer_crafter

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 07:24:40 am »
You'll figure it out.  There are some people that get a lot of my beer because they are appreciative, they give me good feedback, RETURN MY BOTTLES, and share high quality commercial beer with me.  On the other hand just passing out bottles at office functions or to customers is something I've cut out.  Brewing is just too time consuming.

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 08:45:45 am »

You're my new best friend!

Heres a suggestion on a good place(s) to share homebrew.  Take it to your LHBS.  I've always had good feedback from employees and customers.  Its an audience that you know enjoys craft brew.  I do a tasting nearly every time I travel to my LHBS or when I pick up grain from a group buy.

HA. I would take it to the LBHS... if I had one. Living in rural Illinois has several downsides, beer culture being one of them. :( I may bring some to St. Louis when I pick up my sack of Maris Otter this weekend though. :)
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline thetooth

• Assistant Brewer
  • Long Beach, CA
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 10:32:51 am »
I'm happy to share.  If I know a function is coming up at work and I'm brewing something soon... I'll just throw an extra 5 gallons of it into a fermenter/keg and serve it at the party.  It's cheap when you buy ingredients in bulk, people love it, and it's fun educating those interested in knowing more about it or homebrewing.  Over the past few years, I've dispelled many myths and turned a coworker onto the hobby.  No need to horde, I can easily make more.  Of course, I often run into the "have too much beer" category because I enjoy making it so much that supply easily outstrips household demand.   ;D