Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: dirty dirty bastard  (Read 2617 times)

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
dirty dirty bastard
« on: September 10, 2012, 08:06:53 am »
Don't get me wrong, i enjoyed this the other night. especially after i let it warm up for 20 minutes, but i have trouble believing this is close enough in style to be on the bjcp commercial examples.  the bottle says 50ibu, which is 40% more than the style guideline max.  and this, i think comes through in flavor and aroma. (granted some of the "flavor" may be from the wonderful 8.5% abv. but it is in a style that there is supposed to be little or no hop flavor or aroma.  the head was remarkably to style, tan but brief. and the color is quite appropriate. however, it is supposed to be clear.  i have had gravy that was less murky.
Don AHA member

Offline alcaponejunior

• Brewer
  • Latest creation: Big Smash Saturday
    • alcaponejunior.wordpress.com
Re: dirty dirty bastard
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 04:46:06 am »
I found this beer to be just horrid, even though I generally like Founder's.  Probably just my taste buds though.

Offline drummerboyseth

• 1st Kit
Re: dirty dirty bastard
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 08:01:53 pm »
I found this beer to be just horrid, even though I generally like Founder's.  Probably just my taste buds though.

I know everyone's tastes differ, but I really love Dirty Bastard.  Whether or not it is BJCP correct does not matter to me so much.  I think it is an excellent brew.  The only thing that prevents it from being a "session" beer in my book is the high ABV.
Give a man a beer and he will waste an hour.  Teach a man to brew and he will waste a lifetime.  (Bill Owen)