Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kegerator  (Read 2891 times)

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
Kegerator
« on: September 10, 2012, 02:58:15 pm »
We get our new house in a couple weeks and my first priority is to get some sort of kegerator.  The house has a bar with an opening for a bar fridge but I don't know if it's big enough for a kegerator of any sort.  I'd like to be able to have at least 3 beers on tap.  I'm just not sure the best way to do this.  I have a big freezer that I use for beer now but I'm gonna make that into a lagering freezer.  Any recommendations on a kegerator for 3 beer styles that doesn't take up that much room? 

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: Kegerator
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:51:54 pm »
i guess it really depends on the dimensions, but i would think fundamentally, you could modify any fridge, freezer, or commercial kegerator to fit three cornies. i am sure many of your fellow forum members would consider helping 8)
Don AHA member

Offline BrewArk

• Brewmaster
  • Rick - Newark, California
    • BrewArk
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 04:31:15 pm »
"an opening for a bar fridge"  Does that mean it needs to be short?  Under the bar?  Shelves above it?  Most cheap apartment fridges can be modified for three cornies, but might be too tall.

I can fit two cornies and my & 7 gallon conical (I could replace the conical with two more cornies if I wanted to) in my 18.1 cubic foot Whirlpool (30" x 66" on the outside) with a wooden platform on the bottom to get past the angled compressor area.  The only problem is serving and fermenting at the same temp. (something I can live with).
Beer...Now there's a temporary solution!

Na ZdravĂ­

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 06:20:20 pm »
"an opening for a bar fridge"  Does that mean it needs to be short?  Under the bar?  Shelves above it?  Most cheap apartment fridges can be modified for three cornies, but might be too tall.

Yeah, just enough for a little fridge, maybe 3 ft high. I will have to cut a whole in the counter for a tower.
I will check dimensions as soon as we get back in later this week.