Other than Brewing > The Pub

A newer, helathier Weaze.

(1/8) > >>

weazletoe:
   So, I started a diet program yesterday. six meals a day, smaller portions, a protein and a carb. Drinking tons of water. ONe gallon plus per day. I'm hitting the tread mill, and weights. I started at 235, and My goal is 215. I'm happy to say, I've already lost 4.5#. I know a lot is water weight, but it's still cool to say I lost 4.5lbs.
   Cool thing is, the plan I'm doing gives you a "free day". So, Sundays I can go nuts, and even hit the taps. Wish me best, my brewers.  8)

dhacker:
All the best, brew bro.

Don't know about no pants brewing, but dropping 20 lbs. will definitely mean new pants brewing . . .   :D

blatz:
good luck barry

my best advice is to really focus on running.  you can shred pounds in no time if you start running, and can even drink a bunch of beer every now and then and not show it.  set a race as your goal and work toward it - maybe there's a 10k in the spring or something up there - look up a plan (I like halhigdon.com) and work at it. 

BTW - aren't you like 6'5" - 235 ain't that bad at that height, my man.

weazletoe:
I'm 6'3". I'm not really fat anywhere, except a belly. I think I am going to look and see what I can enter, as far as a marathon, or something. That would be a great goal. Thanks for the encouragement.

The Professor:
Good luck man...I'm doing something similar myself right now.  So far down 10lbs....hang in there...the first week is the toughest.

A word of advice...get your carbs from veggies rather than grains, bread, pasta,  or potatoes, and it goes a LOT faster.  And when you reintroduce the grain and starch based carbs, watch the portions, and you'll be fine.

Getting older with a slowed metabolism sucks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version