Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Get off Your Can!  (Read 8889 times)

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Re: Get off Your Can!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 09:40:24 pm »
Well, The tomatoes are starting to come in in earnest. just skinned about 2 gallons of black russian plum tomatoes. gonna toss 'em in quart jars till I have some time to fully process.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 10:31:46 pm »
Never heard of them but it is cool you are canning them. You have zuchini too?

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 11:47:30 pm »
no zukes for canning/freezing. plenty for eating all summer even though we didn't plant any.  :D

getting the winter garden in, peas, greens, broccoli etc. Our artichokes are on the verge of flowering again. gotta get those dug up and transplanted.
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 06:37:01 am »
My tomatoes are doing well- so well the wind keeps knocking them over in their cages. Last time I use this type of cage. Stakes in the future.

BTW the hugelkulture appears to work very well. I used old wood and haven't needed to water much once the plants got established.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 08:35:26 am »
My tomatoes are doing well- so well the wind keeps knocking them over in their cages. Last time I use this type of cage. Stakes in the future.

BTW the hugelkulture appears to work very well. I used old wood and haven't needed to water much once the plants got established.

nice! glad that's working out for you. I was out in the garden last night fantasizing about a big ol' tangle of perennial beds. I want a cherry tree but I really want tart pie cherries and I don't think they would much care for the 110+ heat in the summer here. Maybe hugel is the answer to that as well. have to think that over.
-A Einstein

- J Joyce