Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Fresh Hop Festival - Yakima, wa  (Read 2502 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Fresh Hop Festival - Yakima, wa
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:23:30 am »
http://www.freshhopalefestival.com/

Just a little reminder about the Fresh Hop Festival this Saturday in Yakima.  Not the biggest festival around, but they do have a nice line up of breweries this year. 

Offline james

• Brewer
Re: Fresh Hop Festival - Yakima, wa
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 05:42:40 pm »
I'll be there and I'll be judging the homebrew entries in the morning. 

Definitely a good time, I try to go every year but I missed last year since GABF was at the same time.

Edit: There are still a few days left to enter the homebrew competition if you have a fresh hop pale/ipa/iipa to enter.  I think the deadline to have entries in is Thursday

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:24:48 pm »
Good deal dude.  Look for me and my wife, we'll be in black hoodies, with our "Dungeness Brewing, Co" logo.  Probably hanging out at the Fremont booth, LOL

Edit:  Can't enter homebrew comps any more.  We went commercial a few months ago.  I still have my same system, but I think it "technically" violates the BJCP contest guidelines.....   You can bet we'll have some of our Barely Wine in the hotel though.  It turned out pretty good. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:27:25 pm by micsager »

Offline james

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 09:50:43 am »
Good deal dude.  Look for me and my wife, we'll be in black hoodies, with our "Dungeness Brewing, Co" logo.  Probably hanging out at the Fremont booth, LOL

Edit:  Can't enter homebrew comps any more.  We went commercial a few months ago.  I still have my same system, but I think it "technically" violates the BJCP contest guidelines.....   You can bet we'll have some of our Barely Wine in the hotel though.  It turned out pretty good.

I'll look out for you, I'll be the guy wearing some kind of beer shirt.  Not sure what the weather will be like, I've been when it's been cold and wet and other years wearing shorts.  I'm thinking this year it will be more pants and sweatshirt once the sun goes down kind of weather. 

I think I read before you're nano and if you are using your same old homebrew system, I think technically if you wheeled it outside of your bonded brewing area to brew "homebrew" batches and fermented elsewhere you would generally be allowed to enter.  Though it sounds like a lot of effort to go through.

Edit: I found you on FB.  I'm your 56th fan!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:55:15 am by james »