Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer Faucet Covers  (Read 2860 times)

Offline roguejim

• Brewer
Beer Faucet Covers
« on: September 21, 2012, 04:03:50 am »
My LHBS sold me on buying 4 of those black, plastic faucet covers.  Are they really necessary?  It's not like I have flies buzzing in and out of my faucets.  It seems to me these covers will get far nastier than the faucets ever would uncovered.  I think I got sold...

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
Re: Beer Faucet Covers
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 06:33:34 am »
Don't know. I have them and spray sanitizer in them and the faucet before putting them on.  However, when the outside of the faucet is wet from condensation, a seal forms, air compresses inside the faucet and pushes them off.  Probably a rinse with sanitizer or water and air dry is enough. I have plenty of flies in my garage and did forget them once - poured a beer and had a fly in the pint.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 07:58:46 am »
Don't know. I have them and spray sanitizer in them and the faucet before putting them on.  However, when the outside of the faucet is wet from condensation, a seal forms, air compresses inside the faucet and pushes them off.  Probably a rinse with sanitizer or water and air dry is enough. I have plenty of flies in my garage and did forget them once - poured a beer and had a fly in the pint.
Which reminds me of a bad joke.  An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar and each order a pint. Just as they are served three flies land in them.  The Englishman pushes his beer to the publican and asks for another pint.  The Irishman picks up the fly, flicks it away and takes a good drink.  The Scotsman picks up the fly by the back of its wings and yells, "Spit it out, ye bastard!"
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 07:10:00 am »
Which reminds me of a bad joke.  An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar and each order a pint. Just as they are served three flies land in them.  The Englishman pushes his beer to the publican and asks for another pint.  The Irishman picks up the fly, flicks it away and takes a good drink.  The Scotsman picks up the fly by the back of its wings and yells, "Spit it out, ye bastard!"
Awesome!
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958