Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Fermentation Temperature - Pt. 2: English Ale | exBEERiment Results!  (Read 5759 times)

Offline curtism1234

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Fermentation Temperature - Pt. 2: English Ale | exBEERiment Results!
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 08:16:42 am »
This is, I understand why we're in this mess: Nobody really has the time or resources to run enough controlled tests to obtain enough quantifiable data to get a definitive answer. But that's fine, it's a hobby, not a job, after all.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. People do what they do because it's what they were taught by someone or advised on places like this.

For most people, fermentation temperatures are what they are. You put your beer in the basement and it could range from 65-70 depending on whether it's winter or summer. If you want to ferment at 63, that's kinda too bad.

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
Re: Fermentation Temperature - Pt. 2: English Ale | exBEERiment Results!
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 10:45:59 am »
For most people, fermentation temperatures are what they are. You put your beer in the basement and it could range from 65-70 depending on whether it's winter or summer. If you want to ferment at 63, that's kinda too bad.

Try a wet t-shirt and fan, it will take the temperature down by roughly 5 degrees F!

...But does it really matter?!  Meh... probably not.  Usually not.  Sometimes yes.  ;)
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.