Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Champagne bottles  (Read 10843 times)

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
Re: Champagne bottles
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 11:11:03 am »
Carl, don't worry your pretty little head about it. Everyone knows you're the coolest/smartest/most humble/most handsome person here. We're all just jealous.

Haters gonna hate, right?
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.

Offline punatic

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Puna District, Hawaii Island (UTC -10)
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 12:26:19 pm »
Carl, don't worry your pretty little head about it. Everyone knows you're the coolest/smartest/most humble/most handsome person here. We're all just jealous.

Haters gonna hate, right?

You forgot best brewer!
There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way.

AHA Life Member #33907

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 09:05:58 am »
American champagne bottles will accept a standard crown cap. It is only the European ones that need a larger cap.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 09:26:12 am »
American champagne bottles will accept a standard crown cap. It is only the European ones that need a larger cap.

Boulevard's Smokestack series comes in brown 750ml that need a 29mm crown. It's possible they're importing these bottles from Europe, but that seems like a waste of money, and I don't think they're that dumb. There's probably a North American source for 29mm crown bottles, like maybe this place: http://www.unitedbottles.com/catalogue/wine-champagne.php

You could argue Quebec is basically European, but I think some European people might disagree with you.
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 12:46:15 pm »

Boulevard's Smokestack series comes in brown 750ml that need a 29mm crown. It's possible they're importing these bottles from Europe, but that seems like a waste of money, and I don't think they're that dumb. There's probably a North American source for 29mm crown bottles, like maybe this place: http://www.unitedbottles.com/catalogue/wine-champagne.php

You could argue Quebec is basically European, but I think some European people might disagree with you.

Exactly - I didn't mean source, I meant bottle style. On that page, "American Sparkling" is the only bottle that takes 26mm crown caps.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline anthony

• Brewer
  • Hoppy to help!
    • Triptych
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 06:59:19 pm »
The beer page has what you're looking for: http://www.unitedbottles.com/catalogue/beer.php

Unfortunately, you're looking at minimum orders of 1200+. You'll need to find a few friends to share :) I can't share exact pricing, but they are over $0.50 and under $1.00 each... plus shipping, etc.