General Category > Extract/Partial Mash Brewing

Briess lme/dme sodium content

<< < (2/3) > >>

denny:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on September 29, 2012, 04:13:28 PM ---What are the chances that thr WaterEng that posted that might be someone we know?

--- End quote ---

I'd say damn good!  ;)

denny:

--- Quote from: euge on September 30, 2012, 08:30:22 AM ---Has Breiss always had this type of sodium concentration present in their malt extracts? Is this a new development?

--- End quote ---

The implication in Martin's earlier post was that it has been that way since they started using the softened city water.  I assume that's been some time, but I don't know how long.

mabrungard:
Apparently, Briess LME and DME have had this problem all along since the City has been softening for quite a while.  I even consulted with the City Water Dept to find out what the raw water quality was.  I was hoping that Briess could just drill there own well and use unsoftened water, but the raw water quality is too poor for decent brewing. 

philm63:
Is there an easy way to learn what the sodium content is in other brands' DME and LME? And if Briess knows about this (and I have to think they do...) do they plan on doing something about it? I'd think this could impact their business a bit.

kramerog:
Why would Breiss locate themselves somewhere with crappy water?  Why don't they use RO?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version