Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Grain Order Smell Like Smoke!  (Read 1768 times)

Offline ndcube

• Brewmaster
Grain Order Smell Like Smoke!
« on: February 18, 2010, 04:10:24 pm »
Grrr....  Just got my grain order from North Country.  Haven't opened it yet to take inventory but the box and packing slips are saturated in cigarette smoke.  Hopefully it didn't soke into the grain.  My guess is the fedex guy.

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Grain Order Smell Like Smoke!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 04:22:23 pm »
Grrr....  Just got my grain order from North Country.  Haven't opened it yet to take inventory but the box and packing slips are saturated in cigarette smoke.  Hopefully it didn't soke into the grain.  My guess is the fedex guy.

That sucks. Never had that happen before... Thank God.

I can't imagine it leaving North Country like that. ???
Ron Price

Offline ndcube

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:04:14 pm »
I got rid of the box and smelled some of the bags and they just smell like grain.  That may just mean the malty-goodness is too strong for my nose to smell the smoke.  I'll open one up and give it a taste probably tomorrow.

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 08:16:48 am »
that's gotta be the fed ex guy - I've gotten at least 20 separate shipments from NCM thus far, and never noticed sucha  thing.

smell the grain when you open - if it still smells like smoke, give them a call.  I would open it now so you can fix the problem before brewday.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 10:10:36 am »
Fedex is really good about paying claims, but you gotta keep all the orig packaging.
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline ndcube

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 03:44:36 pm »
I did keep the original packaging and it doesn't smell anymore after 24 hours so it must not have gotten too saturated.

I also smelled and tasted the grain and it's fine.

Just a little annoying.  If it happens again I might say something to fedex to see what's up.