Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Speidel Plastic Fermenters  (Read 2769 times)

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
Speidel Plastic Fermenters
« on: October 02, 2012, 02:23:26 pm »
Has anyone used these? 

http://morebeer.com/view_product/12094/104258/Speidel_Plastic_Fermenter_-_30L_79_gal

I use glass carboys, better bottles, and buckets.  Thought I may give one of these a try.  They seem like a ported better bottle, but with a larger opening, more volume and about the same price. 

Thanks for any feedback!

Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: Speidel Plastic Fermenters
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 02:58:46 pm »
i have not used one of those but i see no reason it should not work.  it is made of hdpe as are plastic buckets. i actually made my lass christmas beer and stored 2 gallons in a new hdpe tank used for spraying bug spray etc.  i naturally carbed it and then just used it like a keg.  only that had to drink in one sitting due to pressurizing with air.  i am going to try to rig a co2 to it next.
Don AHA member

Offline richardt

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Speidel Plastic Fermenters
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 04:43:03 pm »
The space savings of fermenting in a single 60 L (15 gal) container would allow me to use just one fridge and still make 10 gal batches.  I cannot fit two bucket fermenters in one fridge.