Admin > Questions about the forum?

AHA Site Not Letting Me Log In

<< < (2/2)

Nemleu:
As of this writinig I'm still getting the same error.

mike:
I am unable to log in either.  I tried resetting my password, but the link that gets emailed doesn't work either.  Any suggestions?

ccfoo242:
Trying to login to read zymurgy and getting a similar error:
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Data.SyntaxErrorException: Syntax error: Missing operand after '@GMAIL' operator.
  at System.Data.ExpressionParser.Parse()

Just an FYI, when a web site dumps that level of error info including a stack trace, they open themselves up to hackers gaining control. Since it's an ASP.Net site there are settings that hide this kind of information from the general public.

hubie:

--- Quote from: mike on November 11, 2012, 06:09:52 AM ---I am unable to log in either.  I tried resetting my password, but the link that gets emailed doesn't work either.  Any suggestions?

--- End quote ---

Last week I had this same issue when I tried to log in to pre-order the hops book.  I tried logging in using my password, but it wouldn't work, even after being very careful to type it correctly (can my AHA account password be different than my forum password?  I thought they were linked).  I gave up and tried to reset the password, but clicking on the URL I was emailed didn't resolve to anything.  Finally I called the AHA and I was told that my account had been locked out from too many incorrect password attempts, which was also the reason the password reset link didn't work.  My account was unlocked over the phone and I was able to reset my password using the link mailed to me.

I am suspicious as to why this happened in the first place, and I get a little paranoid when I find out that others had the same issue.  If there is a suggestions box for future software versions, it would have been handy for me if the password reset link sent me to a page letting me know that the account was locked out, or at least informing me that it couldn't complete the task instead of not doing anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version