Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: so the debate is  (Read 11015 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: so the debate is
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 11:54:23 pm »
Coming to this discussion late. But there's options that can give you both man!

How much to spend? If you only have a couple hundred you can get a brewing steup for all-grain or buy a cheapish fridge.

I've never seen any of those "deals" on Craigslist people brag about but maybe that's just my region. But it's a good place to look.

But! For only $20 one can get two 38 gallon totes w/lids at Walmart. Each will just barely hold two 7.9 gal fermentors. Frozen PET bottles or ice-packs keep my ales in the proper temp range. Even in our hot summers. Throw some blankets over and there's insulation...

Could this approach get someone a brewing rig and temp control for around a couple bones? You bet!

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline dak0415

• Brewmaster
  • Winston-Salem, NC
Re: so the debate is
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2010, 07:04:50 am »
Check this out for a kettle.
http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_name_Bayou-Classic-82-Quart-Stainless-Steel-Stockpot-With-Vented-Lid_path__item_2110355.html
I have a 44 quart for 6 gallon batches and this for 12.  Why buy the basket if you don't need it?

Dave
Dave Koenig
Anything worth doing - is worth overdoing!