Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Summit Kegerators  (Read 5984 times)

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
Summit Kegerators
« on: October 02, 2012, 08:22:25 pm »
Anyone have one of these?  I'm looking for a 3-tap kegerator and I'm thinking about this one but it's a bit more than I want to spend and I'm wondering if it's worth it.  I've gotta re-distribute some counters to make this work cause my current opening is only 21" wide at most.  I'd like to get a 3 tap if I can but I could live with 2...I guess.
http://www.kegerator.com/Summit-Triple-Tap-Built-In-Kegerator-Black/SBC490BITRIPLE,default,pd.html?cgid=Kegerators-Undercounter_Kegerators

Offline ibru

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brew Day is My Day!
Re: Summit Kegerators
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:31:09 am »
It's probably double the cost of the keezer I built with all new parts. But it looks real nice and if you need it to match an existing counter top, it may be worth it.

I would not go less than three taps. I have four and sometimes need more.

Bruce

Offline PeckerWood

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 06:24:52 pm »
I bought the Summit SBC500JBL 7 years ago with a brass 2 tap.  Never had any problems with it, and it easily fits 2 corny kegs and a 10 lb co2 tank inside.  You might be able to fit a 3rd corny inside with the co2 outside, but can't guarantee it.  I can't check for you either as I have a 30" copper pipe insulated inside the tower running straight down as my beerlines go up inside. They will remain cold inside the tower, thus dispensing a very minimul amount of foam on the first pour. 
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer."
~Henry Lawson

Offline dcbc

• Brewer
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 02:48:41 pm »
I have two summits and they are outstanding.  My first, I bought, used in 2004.  It was on main duty in the house until 2010.  It was shifted to on deck keg and conditioning duty in the garage when I bought another "under counter" summit for the buffet/bar we put in the dining room.  The older one is a wide open 5.0 cubic foot fridge.  3 corney kegs is a tight squeeze.  The newer one is built by Sanyo and has a shelf in the back with a drain in it.  3 corneys is doubtful.  They are outstanding units, but are spendy.

I've consumed all of my home brew and still can't relax!  Now what!

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 04:56:05 pm »
I emailed Summit for a Canadian distributor. Got a price and its even higher so screw it.
Bought a 9 cu ft frigidaire freezer today. Watch for a keezer build thread in the next month or so.