Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Dark Shadows  (Read 3882 times)

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
Dark Shadows
« on: October 15, 2012, 09:34:10 am »
I remember when I was a kid everybody wanted to get home as fast as we could so we could watch the series Dark Shadows. It was a "soap opera" type series. The acting was awful but it had a vampire, a werewolf and various other creatures so we loved it.

I just rented the new movie with Johny Depp. It was hilarious. The actors were all playing their parts badly just like in the original series. They bring you up to speed on who everybody is as they are introduced. But I don't know if someone who didn't watch the series would get a lot of the subtle humor poked at how the show was originally presented.  We all took it very seriously when I was a kid. The series ran from 1966 to 1971.

This is the first comedy I have seen in a long time that I would actually go out and buy.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
Re: Dark Shadows
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 02:01:31 pm »
Both the original TV version and the 90's remake are available on Netflix streaming.

The kids loved the remake.  I don't know if they have tried the original version yet.  We haven't seen the Johny Depp version yet either.  I'm glad to hear it it's funny.  I'll have to find a copy of it.
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
Re: Dark Shadows
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »
Red Box has it.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS