General Category > Beer Recipes

Hoppy Belgian Ale

<< < (2/2)

erockrph:

--- Quote from: reverseapachemaster on January 19, 2013, 09:23:59 AM ---Isn't the Unibroue strain available for bottle harvest out of the Unibroue beers? Or is there a reason why you couldn't bottle harvest back out of your bottles and keep some slurry in the fridge?

--- End quote ---

I certainly could, although the wife would object to jars of yeast slurry in the fridge. Maybe I could store the slurry in capped 12oz bottles though...

denny:

--- Quote from: erockrph on January 19, 2013, 10:09:30 AM ---Maybe I could store the slurry in capped 12oz bottles though...

--- End quote ---

Be careful if you do that.  Even refrigerated, the yeast could possibly keep fermenting and explode the bottles. 

snowtiger87:

--- Quote ---I certainly could, although the wife would object to jars of yeast slurry in the fridge. Maybe I could store the slurry in capped 12oz bottles though...
--- End quote ---

Get another fridge.  ;)

After we got our electric bill in October my wife and I were discussing why it was still high. I suggested it was because we still have to run the A/C in September and then my wife said "Or maybe it's because we have 5 refrigerators !  >:(

Actually its 3 refrigerators and 2 chest freezers and we keep food in 2 of the fridges. Of Course I can get rid of some when I complete my 5' x 10' walk-in cooler in the basement.

Joe Sr.:

--- Quote from: reverseapachemaster on January 19, 2013, 09:23:59 AM ---Isn't the Unibroue strain available for bottle harvest out of the Unibroue beers? Or is there a reason why you couldn't bottle harvest back out of your bottles and keep some slurry in the fridge?

--- End quote ---

I have done this recently and it produced some nice beers.  I also have a smack pack of the Wyeast strain.

One of these days I'm going to do a side by side fermentation just for kicks.

--- Quote from: snowtiger87 on January 22, 2013, 02:37:11 PM ---
Get another fridge.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Was just discussing that with my wife, although it would be a freezer so I can get the hops out of the kitchen.  Our wine cellar doesn't get cold enough to store hops, although this morning it was quite cold with the 0 degrees outside.

redbeerman:
This is a Saison that I brewed a few weeks ago.  I did add color using crystal 80.  Instead of putting the crystal malt in the mash I steeped in separately on the stove and boiled it with the coriander and citrus zest that I added to the primary.  I also added muscat grape concentrate to the primary during fermentation.  This was a double batch of German pils that I split.  I am happy with the results.  I used T-58 for the Saison at 60F.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version