Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2012 Hop Crop?  (Read 22318 times)

Offline wayne1

• Cellarman
Re: 2012 Hop Crop?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2012, 06:35:13 pm »
FYI:

Farmhouse Brewing has 2012 Simcoe pellets in stock. They do offer pounds for $19.00.

They also have the very rare 2012 Nelson Sauvin pellets at an almost reasonable $23.00 a pound.

I ordered both today

Farmhouse Brewing Supply hops by the pound

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2012, 06:38:09 pm »
I was listening to Stan Hieronymus' presentation and my wife overheard. She said Stan sounds like a cartoon character of what a beer nerd would sound like. She meant that in the nicest way possible.
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2012, 07:12:43 pm »
I was listening to Stan Hieronymus' presentation and my wife overheard. She said Stan sounds like a cartoon character of what a beer nerd would sound like. She meant that in the nicest way possible.

He does write good books that have been well researched. I look forward to his hop book.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline nateo

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2012, 06:32:37 pm »
Stan Hieronymus is definitely my favorite beer author. I love that he doesn't pretend to be an "expert" on anything, so he seeks out a lot of different experts to inform his views, then he synthesizes that to a clear, concise form.
In der Kürze liegt die Würze.

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 03:23:28 pm »
Hopsdirect is starting to release 2012 pellets this Friday, starting with Centennial and Cascade. Farmhouse Brewing Supply has 2012 pellets of Simcoe and Amarillo already available.
Mark Gres

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 06:26:57 pm »
Hopsdirect is starting to release 2012 pellets this Friday, starting with Centennial and Cascade. Farmhouse Brewing Supply has 2012 pellets of Simcoe and Amarillo already available.

Already sold out!

They do have some Riwaka in stock, though. (limit one 4oz bag)
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 07:44:20 am »
Now how do you know that?

I can't believe Simcoe and Amarillo are selling out so quickly, it's depressing :(  I want to get my hands on at least a pound of Simcoe this year.
Jesse

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 07:48:19 am »
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline guido

• Brewer
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 08:22:46 am »
I got my hops from fresh hops.  They look wonderful, but, as I feared, they're not sealed well.  I think my best plan would be to split them into smaller packages with a vacuum sealer and keep them frozen.  I'm hoping they'll stay good for a year.  Where's nitrogen when ya need it.
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline brewmichigan

• Brewer
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 09:27:19 am »
I got my hops from fresh hops.  They look wonderful, but, as I feared, they're not sealed well.  I think my best plan would be to split them into smaller packages with a vacuum sealer and keep them frozen.  I'm hoping they'll stay good for a year.  Where's nitrogen when ya need it.

I always do this with my hops from freshops and they stay nice and fresh for up to 2 years, sometimes more. I'm still using zues from last year and they are great.
Mike --- Flint, Michigan

Offline blatz

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 09:31:24 am »
I always do this with my hops from freshops and they stay nice and fresh for up to 2 years, sometimes more.

ditto

The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Offline guido

• Brewer
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 09:33:59 am »
I always do this with my hops from freshops and they stay nice and fresh for up to 2 years, sometimes more.

ditto

I feel relieved now.  Thanks!
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline Mark G

• Brewmaster
  • Huntley, IL
Re: Re: 2012 Hop Crop?
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 01:02:37 pm »

Facebook
Yep... Also, Farmhouse keeps releasing more Amarillo and Simcoe, so keep an eye on their FB and website. It's a small operation and I don't think he wants to get overwhelmed with orders all at once. Very reasonable pricing too. I don't remember exactly what I paid, but Simcoe was under 20 bucks a pound.
Mark Gres

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 01:28:00 pm »

Facebook
Yep... Also, Farmhouse keeps releasing more Amarillo and Simcoe, so keep an eye on their FB and website. It's a small operation and I don't think he wants to get overwhelmed with orders all at once. Very reasonable pricing too. I don't remember exactly what I paid, but Simcoe was under 20 bucks a pound.

Well, sheeeeeeit, I'm not on Fakebook.  I'll have to keep a look out other ways.
Jesse

Offline blatz

Re: Re: 2012 Hop Crop?
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 01:41:24 pm »

Facebook

agreed - I got 2lbs of Simcoe from Farmhouse last week - good looking stuff. 18.99/#