General Category > Kegging and Bottling

Faucet and line maintenance schedule

(1/4) > >>

crabber:
What do you guys do to maintain your draft systems?  BLC after every keg?  How often do you take apart and clean the faucets?  I've had my kegerator for 4 or 5 months now and am wondering how best to take care of it.

smurfe:
I clean mine every couple kegs or once a month. I take the faucet apart every time I clean lines. It is quick and easy to do.

majorvices:
I clean the lines every couple of three months or so. I only take the taps apart every 6 months or so.

dhacker:
My draft tower has 6 Ventmatics. I take the faucets apart . . let's see . . once every . . . . well . . once. That was after being in service for two years. I found them clean as a pin and did it primarily to check the seals. I do flush the lines/ faucets after every two kegs with a hot solution of Oxi-Clean and let it stand in the lines for about 15 minutes. I follow that with a hot flush of water. then a flush of BLC, let stand for 10 minutes, then a thorough cold flush of water. Whole process takes about 30 minutes.(for all 6) I use a 3 gallon cornie for my solutions and water and a small pancake air compressor I picked up from Harbor Freight for $38.00 with braided gas line hose, a quick connect on one end, and a ball lock "Gas In" connector on the other to push it.

Works for me!  8)

tom:
I use hot BLC, rinse, and then StarSan with a 3 gallon corny and CO2. Do you find the BLC removes stuff after the OxiClean?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version