General Category > Beer Recipes

Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale

<< < (3/4) > >>

VinS:
I only ask because of location being wy1469 being west yorkshire and when you read wyeast discription it sounds like it could work well. Also Sam Smiths being in Yorkshire. But might have no relavence at all.

blatz:

--- Quote from: vinsthb on October 19, 2012, 11:50:30 AM ---I only ask because of location being wy1469 being west yorkshire and when you read wyeast discription it sounds like it could work well. Also Sam Smiths being in Yorkshire. But might have no relavence at all.

--- End quote ---

yes but Timothy Taylor is in West Yorkshire whereas Samuel Smith is in North Yorkshire  ;)

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: blatz on October 19, 2012, 11:55:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: vinsthb on October 19, 2012, 11:50:30 AM ---I only ask because of location being wy1469 being west yorkshire and when you read wyeast discription it sounds like it could work well. Also Sam Smiths being in Yorkshire. But might have no relavence at all.

--- End quote ---

yes but Timothy Taylor is in West Yorkshire whereas Samuel Smith is in North Yorkshire  ;)

--- End quote ---

When 1469 came out it was said to be from a brewery in Keighley in West Yorkshire, and that is where Timothy Taylor is.

davidgzach:
To report back on this, I tapped it yesterday with my buddy.  It was nothing short of amazing!  The combination of the WLP037 and toasted oats gave it a pronounced but not overpowering nutty flavor.  The brown malt provided some toffee, the chocolate some coffee which blended great with the caramel malt.  Here was the final recipe for 10G.  I would highly recommend it, but I think you have to use the 037.....

17# Marris Otter
1# Brown Malt
9 oz crystal 60
9 oz toasted oats (baked 60 mins at 350F)
7 oz chocolate malt
2.5 oz EKG at 60
1 oz Fuggles at 60
1 oz Fuggles at 15
70 minute mash at 156
OG-1.050
FG-1.012
ABV-5.02%

If you brew it, please report back on your thoughts.

Dave

speed:
i may try this as i love sam smiths beer
what is the ferment temp?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version