Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sabco Brew Kettle Worth?  (Read 3297 times)

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
Sabco Brew Kettle Worth?
« on: October 19, 2012, 08:24:38 am »
How much do you guys think a Sabco keg-kettle with Sabco hinged false bottom and pick up tube with ball valve is worth?

Guy in my brewclub wants to buy it and while I'll give him a deal, I don't want to give it away either.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline Vin S

• Assistant Brewer
  • Harwinton CT
Re: Sabco Brew Kettle Worth?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 09:19:15 am »
Just pricing the parts alone from sabco new your at about $330.00. If he were to build one from scratch he'd be at about 200-250 depending if he can cut the keg himself. If I had it laying around I'd sell it around the 200 range but ask for a couple of beers every once in awhile  :D.
" There is no such thing as a bad beer. It's that some taste better than others." Billy Carter

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Sabco Brew Kettle Worth?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 03:38:51 pm »
Is it in good condition? I'd try to get $300-ish for it and maybe negotiate a bit. Seems to me like $200 is too low.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis