Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is set to expire October 13, 2024, 08:19:18 am.

Author Topic: Binding Römer Pils  (Read 2836 times)

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
Binding Römer Pils
« on: October 13, 2012, 02:41:01 pm »
I'm in Frankfurt, Germany on my way to Spain and saw Binding advertised as Frankfurt's local brewery. I try to heed Michael Jackson's advice and drink local beer whenever I can, so we had this on tap at a small bar in Mainz this afternoon. Wow, everything I've ever heard about fresh German beer is true. This has a lovely malt and hop balance, with a bit more bitterness than I was anticipating. We had two of these as dusk fell over Schillerplatz, before heading off for our train.

I highly recommend Mainz, should you pass this way. It's a very walkable town and St. Stephan's Church has stunning stained glass by Marc Chagall. Some nice nice strolling along the Rhine as well.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: Binding Römer Pils
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 06:08:57 pm »
I agree with what you said. Mainz is a wonderful German city, St. Stephan's is unlike other churches because of the Chagall windows. The Dom is one of the best examples of a Romanisch style church in Germany.

Binding however, was held with disdain by my German friends while I lived in the area. Maybe I should try that again next time.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
Re: Binding Römer Pils
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 09:40:00 am »
Binding however, was held with disdain by my German friends while I lived in the area. Maybe I should try that again next time.

Yeah, I saw that it didn't do well on Ratebeeradvocate also. A fresh pilsner is still such a rare thing in the US, other than BMC of course, so a lot of the enjoyment was how fresh it was.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.