General Category > Yeast and Fermentation

Post a pic of your Pellicle!

<< < (8/10) > >>

redbeerman:

--- Quote from: Pinski on January 03, 2013, 08:35:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: redbeerman on January 02, 2013, 12:12:40 PM ---Flanders red

--- End quote ---

Hey Red, is that a Roeselare pellicle?  I've had my first Flanders in the closet for about 4 months now and the pellicle is really just starting to build and it most resembles your photo.

--- End quote ---

I pitched the lactobacillus and brett separately.  The lactobacillus was pitched at the beginning of the primary fermentation, a few days later I pitched the primary yeast (S-05).  The brett was pitched into the secondary.  After about a month I added some maltodextrin and corn sugar for extra food.  My plan is to inoculate some Muscat grape juice with lacto and pitch that in as well at some point in the future.

AmandaK:
A few updates from my gueuze blending right before New Year's:

December 29, 2012 - Lambic Collection. Left to right: 2011, 2012a, 2012b, and the remaining 2010.

Up close of the 2010. 3 gallons of this made it into a gueuze and 2 gallons I bottled straight.

Up close of both of the 2012 lambics:

Most recent picture of the sour collection, from left front to right back, 3 gallons 2012 lambic on tart cherries, 2011 lambic, 5 gallons 2012 lambic, then two Flanders Browns - one with WLP665, another with WY3763.

bluesman:
Nice Amanda! Can you bring a bottle or two to NHC in Philly? :)

AmandaK:

--- Quote from: bluesman on January 07, 2013, 05:33:25 AM ---Nice Amanda! Can you bring a bottle or two to NHC in Philly? :)

--- End quote ---

I wish I could! I doubt I'll be able to swing a trip this year though. Maybe next year!

reverseapachemaster:

--- Quote from: AmandaK on January 06, 2013, 07:26:44 PM ---A few updates from my gueuze blending right before New Year's:

December 29, 2012 - Lambic Collection. Left to right: 2011, 2012a, 2012b, and the remaining 2010.

--- End quote ---

Are your lambics really as dark as they look in those pics? I haven't seen mine get that dark even after two years of aging and using red wheat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version