General Category > Yeast and Fermentation

Wyeast 3711 French Saison

(1/6) > >>

goschman:
Hi All. Thinking about doing a Saison de Noel before xmas. I have never done a saison of any type so I am wondering about WY3711. Can anyone who has used it give me their impressions? Would you recommend it over the Belgian Saison strain? What kind of attenuation should I expect? The average is listed at 80% and I want to get as much as possible.

Would you recommend any other yeast to brew this style?

goschman:
I just saw that there is a similar string regarding Saison de Noel....I can probably get good info from that

mpietropaoli:
WLP 566.  Attenuates well and doesn't have the stalled fermentation issue of WLP 565 (Dupont).  I did a BGSA/Saison blend last year that went from the 1.10 range down to about 1.008 with it.  Have heard good things about wy3711 though. 

goschman:
Thanks for that...looks like a good strain according to the reviews and it appearst to attenuate a bit more.

boris4:
i did a french saison and used the 3711 and it took my 1.075 og down to 1.008. i double pitched. if i would have given more time i am sure it would have gone lower but wanted to keep some sugar in there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version