Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing This Weekend - 11/2 Edition  (Read 10662 times)

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
Re: What's Brewing This Weekend - 11/2 Edition
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 11:44:25 am »
Bottling my low og saision (D-45 and pils plus Saison III was delicious when I took a sample), then bottling a best bitter.  Then I am going to use the Saison III cake for Drew's Saison D'Hiver. May brew a Dry Stout next week as I take some time off before I start my new job too. Woo!!!
Kyle M.

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 12:29:08 pm »
Planning to brew a rye IPA with all Columbus at some point this weekend, shooting for about 1.072 and 75 or 80 IBUs and 9 or so SRM.
Jesse

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 08:28:11 pm »
I mashed in on a vanilla bourbon imperial porter about a half hour ago.  Also just tapped a keg of delicous saison...
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 08:46:28 pm »
Just finished setting up for tomorrow's brew day and sipping on some stout.  I am sans family tomorrow so I'm looking forward to solitude of a solo brew day.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline Crispy275

• Global Moderator
  • Assistant Brewer
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 05:25:23 am »
Brewing 12 gallons of Belgian Dark Strong for Learn to Homebrew Day at Adventures in Homebrewing in Ann Arbor. Then, on Monday it is 12 more gallons of a Flanders Red for our annual dump/fill of a club barrrel. Finally, since my employer gives us Election Day off, I will vote then brew 12 gallons of Batch #59 of my Nearly Nirvana Pale Ale (Big Brew recipe back in 2000) to celebrate the last of the political ads! Time to make the doughnuts!
Chris P. Frey, aka "Crispy"
Mountain Ale & Lager Tasters MALT)
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild (AABG)
Fermental Order of Renaissance Draughtsmen (FORD)

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 10:44:50 am »
I brewed 10 gallons of mild yesterday-16 pounds of Maris Otter, a pound each of wheat and crystal 60.  Hopped with Willamette, fermenting with Nottingham at 63F.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 01:33:21 pm »
Brewing a Citrusy pale ale. 8lb 2-row, 2lb Light Munich, 1/4 lb Crystal 60 and Wheat malt. FWH with zythos, and then a blend of zythos, cascade, and citra at 20, 10, 0, and dryhop.

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 02:42:12 pm »
No brewin' for me, but I bottled a mead and kegged an IPA.  I need some inspiration for next weekend because I'm not sure what to brew. :-\
Dan Chisholm

Offline passlaku

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2012, 07:56:01 pm »
Brewed my first take on an all 2-row beer (21#s) for 12 gallons and an OG of 1.048.  I plan on using WLP 500, Abby Ale, in one fermentor and WLP 036, Dusseldorf Alt, in the other. 

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2012, 01:25:14 pm »
3rd shift called out sick last night, so I got called in at 3am. On the bright side, my boss let me take off after lunch, so I have enough time to squeeze in a quick extract batch this afternoon. Brewing some Fozzie Beer - an APA with Riwaka (waka-waka) hops.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline livejolly

• 1st Kit
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2012, 10:04:02 pm »
Just put a Christmas spiced ale in the keg and tasted the tangerine porter from the last batch. Delicious

Offline blatz

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2012, 07:51:44 am »
Unless anything unforeseen happens, Blatzhaus Brauerei is finally going Electric this weekend.

Am brewing a munich dunkel doing something simple (step mash, but no decoction) as the BHE looks like it may be a lot higher than my usual cooler setup - I want the flexibility to just say I brewed a Bock if it gets too high.

while hectic (fix a leak here, tighten this there, etc) I had a pretty damned good brewday.  only real major snafu was i screwed the pooch on using the HopStopper - don't think it will work with how I brew so I'll need to replace the HS with a different screen setup.  Left about 2-3 gal in the kettle.  Which is a damned shame because I tasted some of the dunkel when I did a trub/dead yeast dump last night and it is tasty!  At least I can always brew more. 

Looking forward to my FWH+Whirlpool IPA brew next weekend so I can fix some of the errors.

One of my favorite new features was being able to pump directly into my conical in the chest freezer - no more liftiing an awkward full 14.5 gal conical into a chest freezer! 

Once I get it all running properly, will take a bunch of pics and maybe post in the Pimp my System board.
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2012, 08:10:17 am »
Just kicked off the mash on a farmhouse ale.  I'll start heating sparge water in about 25 minutes.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline prccap

• 1st Kit
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2012, 08:21:13 am »
wee heavy this sunday!!

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2012, 08:38:16 am »
Will be doing some saison blending with Ron (bluesman) and Scott (FirstStateBrewer).  Should be interesting.  We have beers made with WLP565, WLP556 and WLP568.  Also will check on how the Brett saison is doing and taste test our O'fests, Ron's Flanders red and my Berliner Weisse.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim