Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: A changed euge (sorta)  (Read 6374 times)

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: A changed euge (sorta)
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 07:10:36 am »
You have had a tough run of events. Keep in mind it is darkest before the dawn. Things look to be on the upswing for you. You only have one mother and father, so losing them is a terrible experience. I lost mine a long time back, and you learn to cope with the loss.

Keep your head up. Jobs are a means to an end. They do not define you. Work hard at these part time jobs and you may find good things ahead.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 07:37:07 am »
Euge,

I send my condolences.  I'm very sorry to hear about your losses and wish you the best.  You certainly have endured much agony over the past several months.  Keep your head up and stay focused as you'll come out of this soon enough.

Cheers brother!
Ron Price

Offline chezteth

• Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 07:51:31 am »
Sorry to hear about your loss. Keep your chin up. My thoughts are with you through this difficult time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 08:02:19 am »
Thanks for the kind words folks. We've been blessed for many years with no deaths or critical illnesses in the whole family. To have everything come to a head like this has been a real shock but has brought us all- Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and Nieces closer together. Too easy to drift apart with our "busy" lives and the next thing years have passed. We started saying "we got to stop meeting like this!"

I didn't sleep very well last night. Very excited about working again.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 08:52:56 am »
So sorry for your losses Euge, stay strong brotha!
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Offline maxieboy

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Mid MI
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 11:15:52 am »
Wow. When it rains, it pours. Sorry for your losses. Deaths are always hard but the struggle on the employment front can eat you from the inside out. Been there. Hang tough, it will get better.
A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes." Gene Hill

[47.7, 310.8] AR

AHA Member

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 12:53:18 pm »
Sorry for your tough time, bro. You are obviously made of stone. way to slog through it. Best wishes on the job search.

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 01:34:01 pm »
you will be in my prayers
Don AHA member

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 12:19:46 am »
Wow euge, that is a tremendous amount of stuff to deal with in such a short period of time!  Be well, reach out if you need to.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 07:10:43 pm »
tough times don't last, tough people do.  sounds like you are one of those tough guys.  glad things are looking better.  that's a lot of loss in a very short amount of time.  glad you are here to tell your story.  peace.
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline speed

• Brewer
  • Thedford nebraska
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 11:54:48 am »
My condolences...Best wishes to you, euge.

Losing your folks is  tough one;  in some ways, the ultimate rite of passage that generally sneaks up on us later in life.  Despite the maturity that comes with the years, it doesn't make dealing with this any easier. 
But in truth, they are still with you, for as long as they're in your thoughts.

The key to helping me deal with the losses  of my Mom & Dad 18 & 20 years ago was the good memories I carried and continue to carry.  Hopefully, you'll be visited in your dreams...I experience that pleasant  mystery myself quite frequently, even now after all these years. 
And I never fail to wake up smiling when I'm blessed with such a visit.

Here's wishing you peace of mind at a difficult time.
+1
this is how i 'talk' to my parents. just keep those dreams and memories close to heart and you'll pull through it.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 01:10:17 pm »
It's a good way to look at it. At the Funeral-Home the staff told us they were pleasantly surprised to hear laughter from behind closed doors while we were viewing and identifying my Mother. But it was just us reminiscing about Mom's idiosyncrasies. She was quite a character. We even claimed it wasn't her for a moment! The look on that lady's face was so precious... They're probably still talking about us!

And my parents both have visited me in a couple oddly realistic dreams in the weeks following Mom's passing.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline speed

• Brewer
  • Thedford nebraska
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 07:23:48 pm »
one of the first dreams i had of my dad after he died back in 94 was of him sitting beside me in the car on the way to his funeral. talk about weird, but you know that was what got me through it.

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 12:43:18 am »
Wow, I knew about your dad. Same as Dave. Don't hesitate if you see me on G+.

I'll be thinking about you for a while. I have another friend went through a similar year. Rough times for sure
but it gets better.
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline bluefoxicy

• Brewer
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 07:56:56 am »
Two part-time jobs is a good start.  Will keep you afloat while you restructure your life and pursue convergence to stability.

As for the other stuff... when people die, they just immediately lose relevance to me.  I have at best blunted human emotion; in the major operation I am a cold, calculating machine and most of my emotion is emulated on top of a logical decision tree that attempts to decide what is appropriate and how much to allow, and what it means.  I still don't understand what 'jealousy' actually is, it seems like nothing more than a huge failing in logic (assigning priority such that irrelevant matters take precedence over highly important matters, leading to the worst outcomes) and so I can't even fake it, much less experience it.

Perhaps you can stop to appreciate being human somewhere in this mess.  The bad comes with the good.