Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Mould - should I dump?  (Read 3701 times)

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
Re: Mould - should I dump?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 03:52:38 pm »
I'm really surprised you have mold growing on top of an 8% ABV beer.  I'd rack it too.

By the way, your bartender was an idiot.  We have rye here too, although ours actually has to contain more than half rye, unlike yours.

I have to bottle it soon anyway to move it so I think I'll just rack it off and bottle it in champagne bottles and call it good.   

I agree, the bartender was an idiot (but not the first one I've had).  I've had some excellent rye out of Iowa (wish I could remember the name - Templeton maybe?).  It was really nice though.  Friend of mine gets some every year cause I think it only comes in small amounts.

Offline deepsouth

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Brew Maison
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 08:56:37 pm »
i've been looking for templeton rye forever.   you can't buy it in mississippi and i haven't found a place that sells it that can ship here.

sorry for the off topic post, but i've been dying to try templeton rye.
Hoppy Homebrewers of South Mississippi (est. 2009)

AHA# 196703

bottled:     white house honey ale

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 09:07:34 am »
i've been looking for templeton rye forever.   you can't buy it in mississippi and i haven't found a place that sells it that can ship here.

sorry for the off topic post, but i've been dying to try templeton rye.

Staying off topic, but Templeton is good rye.  My favorite is Sazerac.  Rittenhouse is good stuff, too, and you don't have to pay the "small batch" price.  Great in a Manhattan.  Apparently rye has gotten popular enough that it's hard for the local retailers to keep it stocked.  At least it was so about two years ago.  I stocked up and haven't had to buy any recently.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton