Other than Brewing > All Things Food

Thanksgiving!

<< < (2/4) > >>

tschmidlin:
Let's see . . . the day starts with bloody mary's, homemade cherry cordial (vodka, pie cherries, honey, from Schramm's Compleat Meadmaker), a keg of chocolate milk stout, plus whatever else anyone wants to get into over the course of the day

Appetizers: smoked cheese, smoked turkey, tabbouleh, and some crackers, nuts, and olives

Dinner: roast turkey, sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams/marshmallows/pineapple, green beans, gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, plus a can of cranberry sauce left in can shape for cutting slices off of

Dessert: Bluebird ice cream pie made with chocolate pudding ice cream, and a raisin cream pie (or maybe tarts)

I'm really looking forward to this, the best of all holidays!

redbeerman:
Looks awesome gentlemen!  We will roast a turkey (may brine it this year).  Everything else is kind of up in the air still since we are not having very many people over this year.

denny:

--- Quote from: redbeerman on November 16, 2012, 10:43:06 AM ---Looks awesome gentlemen!  We will roast a turkey (may brine it this year).  Everything else is kind of up in the air still since we are not having very many people over this year.

--- End quote ---

I'm a huge fan of brining turkey.

realbeerguy:
realbeergal wants a TurDuckEn this year.  We'll get some fresh May River Oysters, antipasta, green bean casarole (I'll look up the GF recipe), sweet potatoes (with marshmellows of course) and sweet potatoe biscuits from a recipe I found in Philly.

corkybstewart:
Heading to Bama for the holidays and dinner will be at my sister's house so I have no say in anything.  Big Boss Lady will delegate some piddly chore for us.  Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday, a chance to eat some traditional and new dishes together but my sister is strictly old school.  She'll probably freak when I show up with good beer and wine instead of just iced tea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version