I've got a sour beer that's been in a carboy for about 5 months now. I thought it was forming a pellicle a while ago but now I think it's just getting mouldy. I looked at it yesterday and I think it has a penicillium infection of some sort. The mould is sort of blue/green and looks very similar to bread mould. It's forming bubble which look quite dry and powdery on top. I tried to get a picture but through the carboy all I got was reflections.
So, do I dump this or just leave and let it keep chugging away? I've been asking questions about this one for a while now, first attempt so I'm not sure what to do. I really haven't opened this much so I think the mould, if that's what it is, has taken a long time to get going. Obviously I don't want to be drinking mycotoxins but if it's harmless and won't hurt anything, I'll just leave it alone.