Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Went Shopping - there's pictures...  (Read 6756 times)

Offline weithman5

• Senior Brewmaster
  • naperville, il
Re: Went Shopping - there's pictures...
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 03:57:24 pm »

i have found them before, just no place to put the stuff.

What do you mean?  According to you above, you just set it anywhere and it's good to go... :)
touche. however i have no indoor place. i suppose it could sit on the deck, but then i would have to find a way to heat this
Don AHA member

Offline liquidbrewing

• Brewer
  • OG - FG x 131= ABV%
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 05:18:02 pm »
Great deal!  You can return most of those kegs to your local liquor stores and get a deposit back.  In my area, for those six kegs, I would get $300.00 back in deposits.  But I do like the idea of fermenting in the 1/4 barrels.
Justin
Liquid Brewing, Co.
"Find Your Own Level"

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 09:00:17 pm »
We took one of the german slip ons apart.  I'm really thinking of just having some plastic caps made that screw on and using them lagering tanks.  I figure I can add some generic threaded fittings pretty easily and then transfer in and out of them under CO2.  The idea would be to transfer from the fermenter, carbonate and store in these 1/4 barrels and then transfer to another sanitized keg for serving/bottling.  Hopefully then I can have clean beer with no sediment that I can transport.  I hate when I move a keg, even slightly some times, and then I have to wait and waste beer while it re-settles.

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 08:13:35 am »
You could probably sell that giant kegerator for enough money to buy a new small one that you can use in your house!
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 08:19:22 am »
You could probably sell that giant kegerator for enough money to buy a new small one that you can use in your house!
That's what I was hoping.  I know a couple guys that have "man caves" in their garages/barn that would be big enough to handle something like that.  Problem is, do you need 5 taps all serving Busch or Blue?  These guys are hardcore crap beer drinkers.

I did have this other silly idea of putting it on wheels and trying to see if anyone was interested in renting it for parties.  Might work, might be a pain in the arse. 

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 11:45:58 pm »
That's what I was hoping.  I know a couple guys that have "man caves" in their garages/barn that would be big enough to handle something like that.  Problem is, do you need 5 taps all serving Busch or Blue?  These guys are hardcore crap beer drinkers.
You can serve wine on tap too, plus a soda for the kids.  One line for Blue, one for Genuine Lager, one for Ice eh?
Tom Schmidlin

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 05:52:50 am »
You can serve wine on tap too, plus a soda for the kids.  One line for Blue, one for Genuine Lager, one for Ice eh?
This. Cider and Mead too!
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 09:02:14 am »
Very nice score! A recent visit to a used restaurant equipment warehouse showcased the same cooler and kegerator for about 6 times each what you paid for them. I was shocked at how much they wanted for obviously "used" equipment.

You could certainly make a profit out of the kegerator and buy a new smaller one for yourself and have cash in your pocket!
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 06:28:48 am »
This. Cider and Mead too!
Yeah, because ALL the Busch drinkers are into mead.  ;D
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 06:33:25 am »
Don't worry, those guys are not thinking "Damn! I'm having a party and all I have is PBR."  -- They are thinking "DAMN!!! I'm having a party and I've got 5 taps of PBR!  F#$@ YEAH!!"

I did have this other silly idea of putting it on wheels and trying to see if anyone was interested in renting it for parties.  Might work, might be a pain in the arse.
Not a bad idea if you've got storage space for it.  You'd probably have to do setup for each renter.
AHA Member since 2006

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 06:57:25 am »
I think the rental idea is intriguing. Down here we have margarita machine rentals: they supply the machine and the mix. You provide the liquor. They drop it off, set it up and leave- the machine is picked up at a later date.

You could provide the sparkling clean unit and the co2- all carefully factored into the rental price with a safety deposit. Hook their kegs up for them and leave after some quality assurance testing. ;)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 10:00:13 am »
Restaurants/businesses may also be interested in renting it for special events. 

We have the margaritta machine rentals too. They probably avoid a lot of licensing and fees by having the customer supply the alcohol.  I'm sure it would be the same case with beer.  Beer distributors have small refrigerated trailers with taps on the sides for events - same idea. We get one donated for our homebrew competition, but man - the rental price for one of those is through the roof!!
AHA Member since 2006