Admin > Questions about the forum?

Icon reference page?

(1/1)

hubie:
Is there a central place that tells you what the various icons that are used here are?  For instance, when I'm on the main page I see all the icons that tell me which topics do and don't have new posts, and in case I didn't know what those icons were there is a place near the bottom of the page with a key.  However, I also see an icon that isn't in the key.  It has a speech balloon with a pencil next to it.  I've been poking around the Admin boards and FAQs, but I can't find a description of this icon.  Is there a symbol key somewhere around so that I don't need to bother everyone with a posts like these?

denny:
Nope, sorry but there's no key.  I find that if I hover my cursor over most icons it will tell me what they are.  Does that work for the one you're seeing?

hubie:
Not for the one I'm seeing.  When I hover over the new posts icon, the one that has two speech balloons, the hover-over says "New Posts."  It says the same thing when I hover over the icon I'm talking about. 

FWIW, the icon I see looks like you take the "New Posts" icon, replace the right speech ballon with a pencil, and make the whole icon greyscale.  I really only ever see it on the "Kegging and Bottling" category.

I did find on the Simple Machines Forum online manual that you can get to such an icon summary page, but only as an admin:  http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Smileys_and_Message_Icons

I"m not at all worried about any of this; it has just piqued my interest.  I assume the pencil signifies something about authorship or editing, and since I've only ever seen it on that one category, perhaps I started a topic but never posted it or something and the forum thinks it is still hanging out there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version