General Category > Beer Travel

New York

<< < (2/3) > >>

kadnod:
Here's another vote for Blind Tiger.  Great place, though it can get really crowded.

If your friend goes to Times Square to do touristy stuff and wants to stop somewhere for a drink, Little Town on nearby Restaurant Row is a good place to find local beers. House of Brews and Beer Authority are also in the area.  Both have great beer selections, but can be a bit on the pricey side. 

phillamb168:
Does Times Square still have the Heartland brewery? Those are the most easily-accessible 'microbreweries,' you can find one near all the major touristy areas, South Street seaport, Times Square, Union Square... At least you used to.

It's a fun environment.

kadnod:

--- Quote from: phillamb168 on November 27, 2012, 08:01:21 AM ---Does Times Square still have the Heartland brewery? Those are the most easily-accessible 'microbreweries,' you can find one near all the major touristy areas, South Street seaport, Times Square, Union Square... At least you used to.

It's a fun environment.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, all those Heartlands are still there, plus they've opened a few more.  I think there are 3 in and around Times Square now.  Good beer and they support homebrewers by having a contest at their Empire State Bldg. location every year.  Good suggestion!

Delo:
Phil, you beat me to Heartland Brewery if they are down with the more touristy stuff. There are a number of them. Good beer and food.

The Pony bar is good for staying on the cheaper side of places to go in Manhattan. A decent selection and everything they have on tap is $5, which I think is great.  It may not be a full pint for some things, but its still cheap.   

gmac:
Great, thanks guys.  Keep em coming.  My friend is staying in Times Square (or right near that area) so I'm sure he'll get to at least a couple of these.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version