General Category > All Grain Brewing

5-gallon vs. 10-gallon cooler?

<< < (2/11) > >>

davidgzach:
I bought the 10G Home Depot cooler years ago and still use it for 5 and 10 gallon batches.  Works great.  Have only changed out the toilet connector 3-4 times now as maintenance.

Dave

dcdwort:
I have been using a 10 gal Home Depot water cooler for my 5 gal batches.  Have not had any problems keeping the temperature steady now with sparging.  now I am set if I need to go to 10 gal batches.

thebigbaker:
I'm currently doing three gallon batches in a 48qt rectangle (blue!) cooler and have no issues holding temps.  Will be going to 5 gallon batches soon and will continue to use the same cooler.  Picked up my cooler on Craigslist for $10.

denny:
I say don't get either.  Get a rectangular cooler, either 48 or (preferably) 70 qt.  Either will be fine for 5 gal. batches.  With a rectangular you get more volume for your money and they're easier to use due to the larger opening.

In The Sand:

--- Quote from: denny on November 27, 2012, 09:35:06 AM ---I say don't get either.  Get a rectangular cooler, either 48 or (preferably) 70 qt.  Either will be fine for 5 gal. batches.  With a rectangular you get more volume for your money and they're easier to use due to the larger opening.

--- End quote ---

70-qt good for 10 gallon batches?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version