Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: what good podcasts are out there?  (Read 5494 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: what good podcasts are out there?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 11:39:31 pm »
So thankful  for the BN. Great on long drives. Get home itching to brew.

Also get to listen to John Palmer and Jamil. Not big on the Sunday show. Too much hyuck hyuck and light on the brewing info. Certain key Lunch Meet and Brew Strong episodes are a must in my mp3 library. They focus primarily on water over four whole episodes and lay it bare. Wow. Major piece of puzzle fits into place...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline smokeeater

• 1st Kit
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 03:30:54 pm »
I agree...I love the Brewing Network.  I'm a regular donor, as well.  I have all of them saved, and listen to the appropriate style Jamil Show before brewing an unfamiliar style.  The Sunday Session is what I listen to all the time...I can't remember the last time I actually used the radio in my truck!  They actually have a lot of good info...it's just mixed in with all the fun.
You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Offline smurfe

• Cellarman
  • Brewing on the Bayou
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 02:37:20 pm »
Another Brewing Network fan, have listened since day 1. Been a regular donor since about day 1 as well. I like Basic Brewing podcasts as well but I get 99% of my info and knowledge from the Brewing Network shows.
I cook and I brew down on the bayou

Swampwater Brewing
Gonzales Louisiana

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 02:43:33 pm »
I cancelled my Sirius Radio subscription because I was listening to The Brewing Network all the time. 
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline smurfe

• Cellarman
  • Brewing on the Bayou
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 02:51:53 pm »
I cancelled my Sirius Radio subscription because I was listening to The Brewing Network all the time. 

I need to do the same with my XM in the car. I can't remember the last time I ever even turned it on. I listen to one of the BN shows on my commute.
I cook and I brew down on the bayou

Swampwater Brewing
Gonzales Louisiana

Offline Wheat_Brewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Bad Bunny Brewing
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 06:26:45 pm »
I want to thank everybody for the recommendations.  Ironically I've been away on business (hence the disrupt in posting) but listening to excellent podcasts on homebrewing!  Everybody was right in that I now have an itch like never before to brew with my newly acquired knowledge. 
AHA Lifetime Member