General Category > Kegging and Bottling

I am thinking about buying a keg

<< < (2/5) > >>

hopfenundmalz:
I have kegs with 11/16 and 7/8 inch sizes. Some of the 7/8 are 12 point. Deep well is what you need for both.

If you have more than one keg, I recommend only doing one at a time. Some of the threads can be differnent, and some lids will leak if not matched with the right keg (my experience).

tschmidlin:
Deep well sockets are for suckers. ;)  Get yourself one of these - one wrench for all of your cornies.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-11-16-x-7-8-in-wrench-offset-ratchet/p-00943365000P?prdNo=10&blockNo=10&blockType=G10

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on November 29, 2012, 10:02:37 AM ---Deep well sockets are for suckers. ;)  Get yourself one of these - one wrench for all of your cornies.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-11-16-x-7-8-in-wrench-offset-ratchet/p-00943365000P?prdNo=10&blockNo=10&blockType=G10

--- End quote ---

Not if you already have a tool box with 3/8 and 1/2 drive deep wells.

euge:
I was going to add that why just buy one? Really, IMO at a minimum one needs two.

And standard wrenches have worked fine for me. Adjustable won't work in most cases. Usually posts are sticky so the first time removing one it is best to lay the keg on it's side and sit straddling it. Place the wrench and give it a firm whack with the palm of the right hand. Keep the other hand on the top of the keg otherwise if it rolls you may get your fingers smushed.

weithman5:

--- Quote from: euge on November 29, 2012, 10:14:39 AM ---I was going to add that why just buy one? Really, IMO at a minimum one needs two.

Adjustable won't work in most cases. Usually posts are sticky so the first time  it is best to lay  it's side and sit straddling it. and give it a firm whack with the palm of the right hand. Keep the other hand on the top  otherwise if it rolls you may get your fingers smushed.

--- End quote ---

i find humor in everything 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version