Other than Brewing > All Things Food

Pitcher recipes - Non-alc

(1/3) > >>

bluefoxicy:

So two questions.

* What kind of loose tea should I use for this?  Wegman's and Twinnings both have a wide selection.  Something black suitable for throwing in round slices of lemon, and maybe Earl Gray with rounds of blood orange?
* What else can I make in this pitcher besides Sangria?  Red stuff with sugar and chunks of fruit?  Something based on lime that's not as acidic as lemonade?
I wanted a pitcher for iced tea. I also possess mate.

weithman5:
okay. i will give you my favorite recipe with something based on lime, though it has alcohol.  i call them tidewaters.

one 6 ounce frozen thingy of limeaid. 
fill that thing up with 6 ounces of rum
one can of beer. 

mix and drink

bluefoxicy:

--- Quote from: weithman5 on November 29, 2012, 02:59:54 PM ---one 6 ounce frozen thingy of limeaid. 
one can of beer. 

--- End quote ---

Shouldn't you put the beer in before the liquor?

erockrph:

--- Quote from: bluefoxicy on November 29, 2012, 03:07:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: weithman5 on November 29, 2012, 02:59:54 PM ---one 6 ounce frozen thingy of limeaid. 
one can of beer. 

--- End quote ---

Shouldn't you put the beer in before the liquor?

--- End quote ---

Beer before liquor, never sicker. Liquor before beer, you're in the clear. I thought everyone knew that...

weithman5:
okay let me rephrase it. 6 ounces limeaid, 6 ounces rum, 12 ounces beer. mix it up and enjoy.  i just use the limeaid container as the measure for the rum.

of course i do detect a hint of feciscousness? man i can't spell, but there you have it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version