Admin > Questions about the forum?

the action buttons on the "recent posts" page

<< < (2/2)

theDarkSide:

--- Quote from: jeffy on November 30, 2012, 01:12:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: weithman5 on November 30, 2012, 09:42:51 AM ---i thought the recent post page was gone. i havent been able to find it for some time

--- End quote ---
Scroll to the bottom of the "home" page, just above the "users on line within the last 15 minutes".

--- End quote ---

Never knew it was there...but then I use an RSS feed to view all new posts in the forum.

Also, 92 guests viewing the forum?  Wouldn't it be nice if they registered and joined the discussion?  I'm sure some of them are bots, but it couldn't be everyone, could it?

weithman5:

--- Quote from: a10t2 on November 30, 2012, 02:05:31 PM ---Now that the "New" buttons have been fixed, I've gone back to using the "Unread" link at the top instead.

--- End quote ---

didn't see that one either. hot damn.

--- Quote from: theDarkSide on November 30, 2012, 02:11:57 PM ---
Also, 92 guests viewing the forum?  Wouldn't it be nice if they registered and joined the discussion?  I'm sure some of them are bots, but it couldn't be everyone, could it?

--- End quote ---

agree, though sometimes i am on from my home computer and if there is nothing new i don't log in. everyone else is a bot

jeffy:

--- Quote from: theDarkSide on November 30, 2012, 02:11:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: jeffy on November 30, 2012, 01:12:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: weithman5 on November 30, 2012, 09:42:51 AM ---i thought the recent post page was gone. i havent been able to find it for some time

--- End quote ---
Scroll to the bottom of the "home" page, just above the "users on line within the last 15 minutes".

--- End quote ---

Never knew it was there...but then I use an RSS feed to view all new posts in the forum.

--- End quote ---
punatic found it for me, so I can't take the credit.
I use the unread button mostly.  I just wish they would put it a little farther away from whatever is above and below it.

euge:
I agree. It is an extremely poorly thought out place to put them. When I say "poorly thought out" I really mean stupid.

I would have placed them in the dark-brown bar beneath the banner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version