General Category > Ingredients

Tart cherry juice concentrate

<< < (2/7) > >>

tschmidlin:
I imagine that concentrate has sugar added, but I can't find any label info (other than nutritional) on the website.  I don't suppose you have a bottle laying around?

I think I might want large quantities than 1 qt though.  I'm thinking a bucket ;D

james:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on December 01, 2012, 01:14:35 PM ---I imagine that concentrate has sugar added, but I can't find any label info (other than nutritional) on the website.  I don't suppose you have a bottle laying around?

I think I might want large quantities than 1 qt though.  I'm thinking a bucket ;D

--- End quote ---

Tom,

There is a company over here that makes their own concentrate.  I've used it in one beer before, but never having used another concentrate I'm not sure how it compares.  Though it is a bit cheaper (in bulk) and being in state shipping should be cheaper.  When I talked to the farm owner at the market it never occurred to me to ask about getting buckets/drums of it.

http://www.tasteatreat.com/products.src?PID=5

Jimmy K:
I don't have the bottle, but the only reason I shelled out $20 for a quart was because it only listed cherry juice in the ingredients.

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: james on December 01, 2012, 02:56:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: tschmidlin on December 01, 2012, 01:14:35 PM ---I imagine that concentrate has sugar added, but I can't find any label info (other than nutritional) on the website.  I don't suppose you have a bottle laying around?

--- End quote ---

Tom,

There is a company over here that makes their own concentrate.  I've used it in one beer before, but never having used another concentrate I'm not sure how it compares.  Though it is a bit cheaper (in bulk) and being in state shipping should be cheaper.  When I talked to the farm owner at the market it never occurred to me to ask about getting buckets/drums of it.

http://www.tasteatreat.com/products.src?PID=5

--- End quote ---
Awesome, thanks.  Local sounds great.  I got my fresh cherries from Tonnemaker Hill Farm this past year, and I'll probably do it again next season.  I sent an email to tasteatreat to see if they add anything, do larger quantities, and have fresh cherries in season.

reverseapachemaster:
I've used tart cherry juice with fair success. I'd say expect to use more than you think you will because the flavor will be less obvious once all the sugar in the concentrate gets eaten. So for that reason I would either look for a local source or at least something you can buy without having to pay for shipping online if you end up needing to buy more than your initial purchase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version