I've used cherry juice for bottle priming with good results. I tried it out on a gallon of American Wheat. I calculated the amount of juice I'd need my measuring the specific gravity of the juice and assumed that anything over 1.000 was fermentable sugar, then figured out how much I'd need to add to get what would be the equivalent amount of sugar I'd normally use for bottling. It ended up adding a very nice color and a subtle cherry note in the aftertaste.
I also had two of those bottles break on me, but I don't know if that was due to them being bottle bombs or whether they broke when moving the box around that I use to sequester bottles while being conditioned. To be safe, I assumed they were grenades and I put the rest of the cherry-primed bottles in a cold fridge.