General Category > Kegging and Bottling

1 step closer!

<< < (2/6) > >>

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on December 01, 2012, 12:34:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on December 01, 2012, 12:22:30 PM ---Glad you said "mostly". I bottle some big beers, meads and ciders. Competitions. Then there are the friends I brew a batch for, and they don't have a keg system, so it goes into bottles. Even with 32 kegs, I will still have to move some beers I want to keep into bottles to free up a keg.

--- End quote ---

32 KEGS!! Dammmmmmmmmmmmn...

--- End quote ---
My retirement fund.

When you do a lot of lagers, 7 or more a year, 10 gallons at a time,  you tie up a lot of kegs for a long time. Some strong beers to age, and soon you have over 20 kegs full of beer in process.

Talking to a multiple Ninkasi winner at a local comp during lunch, he smiled and said he had 50.

bluesman:
Kegging is much easier than bottling and tons more fun. Go for it. I'm always looking for a good deal on kegs. Seems like you can never have enough.

tygo:
Do you have a walk in fridge?  My problem would be cold storage of all of those lagers.

bluesman:

--- Quote from: tygo on December 01, 2012, 08:38:38 PM ---Do you have a walk in fridge?  My problem would be cold storage of all of those lagers.

--- End quote ---
Good question. I'm up to three 7.5cf chests, and two small conversion refrigerators. That takes care of 16 kegs. Any more and I'll need a walk in for sure. :)

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: tygo on December 01, 2012, 08:38:38 PM ---Do you have a walk in fridge?  My problem would be cold storage of all of those lagers.

--- End quote ---

I can have 16 kegs lagering. Looking at another small chest freezer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version